baslinux - Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase, was Re: DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase, was Re: DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:04:15 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

After trying twice to compile linux dbf database manager, I compiled a convertor from dbf to sql instead so I could use sqlite on my database.

sqlite filename.sql (the file generated by 'dbf' converting it from dbf
to sql) tells me:

Unable to open database "filename.sql": file is encrypted or is not a
database.

Below is a sample file that I converted from dbf to sql - apparently this is not yet a database but needs to be imported somehow by sqlite. Could someone who has used sqlite explain how? The man page was not understandable. This would be helpful to anyone with old DOS dbf files who wants to view/edit them with BL and sqlite.

The sample came with a free DOS database program by a Slovak.

CDBF converted the dbf to something similar but with " " around postamt and in place of ' ' everywhere else.

-----------------

-- postamt.sql -- --
-- SQL code with the contents of dbf file postamt.dbf

drop table postamt;

CREATE TABLE postamt(
NAME varchar(20),
PLZ int,