baslinux - [BL] MaPiVi 0.97 was Re: photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] MaPiVi 0.97 was Re: photo manager for BL
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:24:13 +0000 (UTC)

I found precompiled Martin's Picture Viewer mapivi 0.72 and 0.97 for linux, a version including perl. Compiling from source requires perl 5 and one special .pm perl module downloaded from CPAN.

If I type ./mapivi*out "Command not found" but it works if I type out the full name - why? I can type ./work* for workbone and it works.

./mapivi097_Linux.out

from within X, on a system with glibc 2.3 (Slackware 11 in my case)

Version 0.72 complained about not finding XDNDSite at Kt/Widget.pm

You could instead upgrade to Slackware 9.0 glibc 2.3.1)

I don't know if you would need to add anything else to BL3 to make it work besides glibc. Supposedly it contains all the perl you need, but maybe you would need to also install perl 5. It invokes GIMP as an editor, but can also crop losslessly and rotate without GIMP. Lots of features.

I will upgrade BL2 to glibc 2.3.1 on my partner's computer (where I do not compile). I would still like to know how to compile for 2.2.5 on a computer which has been upgraded to 2.3.1. I don't want to download the entire huge glibc 2.3.1 (developers' version) from Slackware 9.0.
There must be some way to edit the makefile to look in a different directory for 2.2.5 files when you are running with 2.3.1 so files.

Last time I tried hybridizing I had to reinstall BL.

Sindi Keesan