baslinux - Re: [BL] photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photo manager for BL
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 20:59:42 +0000 (UTC)

I went looking for precompiled gtk+-2.

Slackware 8.1 has gtk 1.2 only, but it also has gqview 1.0.2 (very old
version PRECOMPILED).

To get the gqview from Slackware 8.1 to work,
copy gqview to /usr/bin and README to /usr/share/gqview

or install the package then delete everything it put into locale doc (except the README), share (same README).

Extract, copy, and ldconfig four shared libraries from gtkglib from Slackware 7.1 gdk gtk gmodule and glib. .so (no .a or .la)

install the gdkpixbf packages from Slackware 7.1 and then delete files that went into /usr/share /usr/doc/ /usr/include (needed only for compiling), anything /usr/lib/*.a or .la. I think you need one so library and a config in /usr/bin.

I will try to make a package of required parts from all three of these packages.

It finally loaded. I have not figured out how to make it work without a mouse.