baslinux - Re: [BL] photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photo manager for BL
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 20:10:46 +0000 (UTC)

There is a Windows version of gqview to try before I download gtk source
2.0.1.4

It works and displays nicely. Rotates, zooms, creates thumbnails only when asked to, will display full screen, with or without the file list. It is set to use GIMP Xpaint and XV as external editors (unlike MaPiVi that uses ImageMagick and jpegtran and netpbm, I think). You can add five more external programs for editing with.

I went looking for precompiled gtk+-2.

Slackware 8.1 has gtk 1.2 only, but it also has gqview 1.0.2 (very old version PRECOMPILED).

Slackware 9.0 has gtk+2 2.2.1, 9.1 has 2.2.4, 10.1 has 2.6.1, but none of them have precompiled gqview.

If I installed glibc from Slackware 9, I could use its precompiled gtk. Can I tell a program at runtime to use glibc 2.3.1 instead of 2.2.5? Rather than upgrading my whole glibc? It is a large download for the larger package needed for compiling.

Let's see if the older Slackware 8.1 gqview is good enough.

It is not found in SW7.1.

Thanks, Mikkel!