baslinux - [BL] MTPAINT for BL was Re: photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] MTPAINT for BL was Re: photo manager for BL
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:08:45 +0000 (UTC)

To go with GQVIEW 2.0 (which would require gtk+2 etc. to compile) I compiled MTPAINT, a paint program like Xpaint but supposedly faster, used by DSL 4.2 and later, using gtk+1 (or you can compile with gtk+ 2). I don't know of a way to add an external editor to gqview 1 like you can do with 2.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mtpaint-3.21-glibc225.tgz

Requires a glibc X11 so won't work in BL3 even with glibc 2.2.5 added. It is similar in size to the Slackware 7.1 xpaint. Under 450K as opposed to 370K. The latest xpaint is probably larger.

It requires gtk .so libraries, libjpeg, libpng, libtiff, zlib, libXext, libX11, and glibc 2.2.5 for my package. I included an html version of the very small man page and the README (which explains how to compile for gtk+2 using several large libraries such as pango).

Compilation required the so libraries for gtk, the includes for that and X11 (xprog.tgz). I does not do gifs. (You can convert to jpeg using netpbm).

Crop is greyed out - why?

It successfully rotates (all angles), inverts, skews, greyscales.

What my partner wants is the crop feature... Maybe that needs gtk2?

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gqview-1.0.2-withlibs-glibc225.tgz
About 1 MB mostly libraries.

All files are taken from Slackware 8.1 except libpng.so.3 (I had that in

Sindi Keesan

DSL since version 4.2 comes with mtpaint, which is gtk based (1 or 2).
Compilation requires the header (.h, include) files from gtkglibs.tgz
which I omitted in the above package (another 1MB).

It crops, but does not white or black out the surround.