baslinux - Re: [BL] photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photo manager for BL
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 01:27:41 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Gtk was original part of GIMP (GIMP toolkit)
but is now a separate entity.
To compile it you need:
GTK+ 23MB tar.gz (4 hour download)
Glib 6MB
Pango 2MB

Why compile it? Slackware has pre-compiled packages:
gtk+-1.2.10-i386-2.tgz 1.4M
glib-1.2.10-i386-1.tgz 190K

But not Pango?

I found a precompiled linux version of MaPiVi, which needs glibc 2.3.
I have 2.2.5 from SW8.1. Maybe 9.0 has 2.3?

What is GLIBC_PRIVATE which the program also wants besides 2.3?

I copied Slackware 11 to /dev/hda11 but loadlin keeps trying to boot to /dev/hda1 - is this a built-in limitation of loadlin? I will try lilo.
The precompiled Win32 version requires Perl and the Windows Perl packages are over 20MB. I want to be able to demo this before compiling it for BL.

Lphoto is available only as part of the 700MB live CD of Freespire and is not very good. Freespire is a way to get Openoffice and Firefox without using up your hard drive. I have not tried chrooting to it.

My partner is back to iPhoto and thinking about compiling MaPiVi for the Mac that a friend gave us, which already has perl and an 80GB hard drive.
I think you would need to run X11 for it.