baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:15:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 6 May 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Can you help me figure out why my own 2.4.31 kernels
will not work with loop BL3?

I am happy to help people having problems
with BL3, but I'm not interested in debugging
problems with advanced kernels.

The Slackware 10.2 bare-i kernel has the identical problem to all my kernels. R/O file system.

A 120MHz laptop with 16MB RAM won't work with a recent Slackware.

That laptop (early Pentium) is the sort
of machine that BL3 was designed for.

Yes, but it would also not work with the three orinoco modules from your site. I have a 100MHz Toshiba with 16MB RAM that is also ideal for BL3 except it has USB, which is not well supported by kernel 2.2 but works fine with 2.4.

(I just realized that my email program automatically sticks my address at the ends of emails and I don't always delete it.)