baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 17:15:19 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Can you help me figure out why my own 2.4.31 kernels
> will not work with loop BL3?

I am happy to help people having problems
with BL3, but I'm not interested in debugging
problems with advanced kernels.

> Did you do something special to make yours
> work such as patch main.c?

No, the BL3 kernels are not patched. The
config for the default kernel is here:
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/config.txt

The config for the big BL3 kernel is here:
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/2_2_26/config.big

The optimized kernels have the same config as
the default kernel, except for CPU optimization
and the removal of copro emulation.

> A 120MHz laptop with 16MB RAM won't work with a recent Slackware.

That laptop (early Pentium) is the sort
of machine that BL3 was designed for.