baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.4 kernel with loop BL3 read-only
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 13:40:30 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Total-Available Kernel code Reserved Data
> p2 BL3 kernel 66488K 704K 416K 5368K

Some of those numbers change significantly when
you have less (or more) memory. For example on
the two systems I have sitting on my desk:
Desktop (p2) 262144 704 416 2776
Laptop (p1) 24768 704 416 420
Sindi's (p2) 66488 704 416 5368
It is clear from this that the BL3 kernel takes
1120 kb plus a variable amount of space for data
(depending on how much RAM is available).

BTW are you sure your 66466K figure is correct?
It's really just 64mb? From your Data figure
I would guess you really have ten times that
much RAM.