baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:46:42 +0000 (UTC)

nOn Tue, 29 Apr 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

ok, I might possibly have to have to give up with this card
unfortunatly. I tried replacing files such as pcmcia_core.o with the
files from DSL. There was a slight improvement - when the green light
went off, the laptop didn't crash - I could still type ok. But trying
to configre the card if the light was off did crash it. So I'm
guessing you're right; the MA401RA is incompatible with this laptop.

They might have a newer version of pcmcia.

Please try running the DSL live CD booted from DOS with loadlin and the kernel that is probably in /boot. (Copy it with BL and reboot to DOS and then to DSL). If it works, you have only a software problem in BL and can work on that. If not, give up on the card.

Right now I don't have any wireless bridge. But I do have a pcmcia
network card, this one is a 3com 3ccfe574bt. I'm not sure what .o
files that would use, however! It might possibly work better as in
terms of age this card was made c.1998, that's around the same time
the toshiba was made. From what I can gather the MA401RA card is from
around 2002.

3c574_cs which I included in my package. I looked up the card number in google/linux. My 3com cards use 3c589_cs (two cards, only one dongle) and work fine with 2.2 kernel. Make sure you have the right dongle as others will fit but not work, even newer 3com ones.

You can also try the BL3 kernel and modules with this card.

Sindi

ljones