baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:58:08 +0000

Can you boot DSL from the CD on your Libretto using loadlin after you copy
the kernel from /boot to your baslin directory?  If the card still won't
work with DSL on your computer, it is a hardware problem, and you might
try a bridge instead, or a different card.  If it does work, then you can
figure out how they did it.   Try their kernel instead of mine in BL.

Unfortunatly I don't think it would work. First problem would be finding a dos pcmcia driver for the cdrom drive, and I can't identify it - it's one made in the far east with no real brand name on it. Also the liberetto I have only has 16MB, so memory might be a problem. And since this is a live CD won't it need to load even more into memory and/or decompress it? Also if DSL needs to access the cdrom drive that won't  be easy, as the toshiba only has 1 pcmcia card slot.

ljones