baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 23:23:29 +0000 (UTC)

Are you booting from DOS with loadlin?

Yep, I'm booting from DOS right now with loadlin bzimagela.431 root=/dev/hda2
rw

I thought you had no serial port except in an extender.

Sorry, I neglected to mention the Toshiba laptop's second hand. It
came with some sort of "cradle" or "plugin device" which gives me 1
serial port, 1 parallel port and 1 vga port.

Try my larger smf kernel which does have sound support, with the ymf sound
module. If those work, I will modify another smaller kernel for you.

Will do

So the card works. Good. How large is the hard disk?

From memory the IBM T22's laptop is ~8GB. The Toshiba's hard drive is
around 800MB. Right now

You have plenty of space to put both BL3 and BL2 on there and learn to compile kernels etc., but it will be slow at 75MHz. At 200MHz it took me 20 min per kernel with 2.2.16.

The main reason for BL2 is that it can run newer versions of precompiled X programs, but the only X program I use is Opera which is happy with BL3.
You need a glibc upgrade to the glibc from SW81 or SW90 (later ones require a 2.4 kernel).

I'll give that new modules file a try :) .

ljones

sindi