baslinux - [BL] New nongraphical links2 with ssl (was links and ftp)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] New nongraphical links2 with ssl (was links and ftp)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:46:02 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/links2-1pre33-nographics-ssl.gz
733K zipped, 1.8MB unzipped

Tested working to log into gmail.

Does not work at my library to log in. Lynx does. I don't know why.
Links does not accept persistent cookies. Elinks does.

Uses 0.1% of my 512MB RAM, or about 500K. So does the svgalib graphical version when run in text mode. Maybe there is a way to use that with some switch if you don't have svgalib and libjpeg and libtiff libraries.

In this version I omitted all support for graphics and also zlib and libbz2 from the configuration for links2 with svgalib/ssl support. SSL support is compiled in statically. This makes it about 50% bigger than links-0.9X without ssl.

You can still set it to use an external viewer such as zgv (or run under X probably xli). It uses the same links.cfg file as links-0.9X which Steven compiled for BL2 and BL3. It will work in BL3 if you add some glibc2.2.5 libraries.

Dependencies for this nongraphical version of links2 are only

libc.so.6
libm.so.6
libdl.so.2
ld-linux.so.2

from glibc 2.2.5, all found in my operalib.tgz packages at the same site.
You also need the libresolv.so.2 and libnss_dns.so.2 in the same package to actually access websites. (The package also contains libpthread which links2 does not need so you can delete it if you want).

I just fixed the package to install libraries in /usr/lib not just /lib.

The ldconfig in that package works with glibc libraries. Run it manually after you install the package. (I don't think the existing libc5 ldconfig will work here though the doinst.sh calls for it).