baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:39:40 +0100

Thank for all information,

>.... So I suggest you add a few libraries from libc6 (some of which you
need for
> Opera anyway) and use my links2 with ssl support, if you have the space
> and memory. Or the delilinux links2 with ssl support and X support, in
> nongraphical mode.

I did not installed links2 because I read in your site it is not sure it has
ssl support and because I have only 12 Mb RAM.
I downloaded lynx from your site and it works with ssl.
I wanted to have links (0.98 or any other version with ssl) because it is
fast and easy to use for me.
The version of links 0.98 I installed needs openssl (before installation) as
stated on links site which I did not read carefully.

> Elinks can be compiled with ssl support. I wish someone more experienced
> than me would compile it for BL (with ssl support, even if that requires
> glibc). If not, I will eventually try ....

That would be great, go on!

>...but when I write in here for help
> generally nobody can help with the more complicated details.
Unfortunately I am a newbie :( but I think people of bl will help.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Giuseppe