baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:40:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Salve,

I installed bl3 on a 486DX with 12 Mb RAM.
I downloaded (from www.ausreg.com/bl/bl3/) and I installed (pkg) pure-ftpd.
When I run ftpd (/usr/sbin/pure-ftpd &) I receive this message:
"Unable to start a standalone server: address already in use".
Any suggestions?

Before you run pure-ftpd, type ps or top to see if it is already running.
My guess is that you started it twice. I don't know how to stop it except by killing the process number, or kill `pidof pure-ftpd`.

Another question.
I installed Karolis Lynx (lynx-2.8.6rel4-2_2.4 uclibc-static): it complains
when connecting to gmail but finally it works.
You probably are told to go to a non-javascript page. Lynx has no javascript.

Links 0.95 in bl3 is nice and fast: I downloaded links 0.98 (with ssl
support) in a slackware package.
ldd links-0.95 will tell you if you have the required libraries (libc.so.6 is glibc)

My question is:
installing this version will produce any conflicts with existing links 0.95
in bl3?

links 0.95 and 0.98 use the same links.cfg
If you install links2 package it will overwrite that cfg with one from links2 and then links 0.95 will complain of unknown options but still work.

BTW when I install a package with pkg how can I uninstall?

tar -ztvf filename.tgz
lists where all the files went from the package.

Remove them all with rm but you need to be careful not to remove files that are used by other packages. Is there an installpkg and removepkg for Slackware 4.0? This keeps a list of files used by all packages and removes only unused ones.
Sindi

Thank you for help.

Regards,
Giuseppe