baslinux - Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:18:33 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I posted a libc5 version compiled by David Moberg,
> and a glibc 2.2.5 version

I assume the 2.2.5 version is for BL2 and the libc5
version is for BL3.

> Both versions require libraries (jpeg tiff png)
> that are also required by links2 when compiled
> with svgalib support.

The BL3 links2 needs the jpeg and png libraries too,
but I compiled them statically into the program.

> A lot of websites won't work with lynx or links2

Recently I've been finding more and more websites
that don't work with Phoenix (Firefox 0.6). However,
almost all of those sites do work with links2. I'm
using links2 quite a lot these days.

> Opera is the only program that has ever caused me
> problems when running without a swap file in 16MB.

Most of the BL3 applications have small footprints
so they will run OK in 16mb RAM without a swap file.
However, for multi-tasking in X with 16mb RAM, I
strongly recommend a 32mb swap file.