baslinux - Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:04:14 +0000 (UTC)

I am uploading http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/links2-1pre28-java-svgalib-ssl.gz (2.2MB packed, 3.8MB unpacked).

Last version with javascript. The bz2 download was .1MB smaller in later versions.

I first tried moving over the ./parser directory and some additional .h files from the main directory, and the Makefile* generated when I configured in the older version, to the newer version, but got a complaint about not having automake, which you need if you edit Makefile. (It also wants perl but I have at least part of that).

28 is configured same as 33 but with javascript added

glibc 2.2.5 is 10 times the size of libc.so.5.4.4
and clearly unsuited for a small installation, but perhaps
eventually BL3 could start as just uclibc and add glibc
for ext2 installation.

Which BL3 programs would not compile with uclibc?
nano did compile properly uclibc for me. Are there uclibc programs in BL3 other than busybox and Xvesa?
lynx and mplayer are uclibc. Can links be compiled against uclibc?

In /bin I find setterm non-uclibc.
In /sbin/rdev e2fsck setserial badblocks ldconfig
In /usr/X11R6/bin all but Xvesa seems to be non-uclibc - is it impossible
to compile rxvt and xinit against uclibc? xli? mgp? jwm