baslinux - [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:25:19 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/links2-1pre33-nossl.gz 1.8MB download, expands to 2.8MB. Compiled to use only svgalib (not x) in graphical mode, and has a bunch of dependencies (libvga, libpng12, libjpeg, libtiff, libbz2, libz, glibc 2.2.5). Lynx uses the same libraries (other than libbz2). Tested working in BL3 with the links.cfg from BL3 links2.

No support for X or gpm mouse. I was going to include SSL support but openssl requires Perl 5 to compile. Includes Japanese scripts katakana and hiragana but not kanji. Probably includes support for lots of European languages. I think I would need to edit Makefile in order to remove the Japanese. Steven, did you compile standard links2 for BL3 and if not, what did you change? BL3 links2 uses X but not svgalib and is slightly larger (without needing all those dependencies).

Latest stable version. javascript was dropped after version pre28.

None of my links2 programs (two from delilinux and this one) is displaying graphics in BL2 using the same links.cfg that works in BL3. Even if I set it to not display images but to display links to them, and click on the link, I get a blank. Any ideas why? (Probably something is symlinked wrong again). So I had to copy libbz2 to BL3 and test there (symlinking the program from a mounted directory in BL2).