baslinux - Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:07:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Compiled to use only svgalib (not x) in graphical mode,
and has a bunch of dependencies (libvga, libpng12,
libjpeg, libtiff, libbz2, libz, glibc 2.2.5).
No support for X or gpm mouse.
javascript was dropped

BL3 links2 uses X but not svgalib and is slightly larger

I have this links2 working (I had links.cfg set to scale images to 1% not 100%) but don't know how to remove the Japanese and international support. Deleting them from Makefile (along with anything to do with atheos, beos, pmshell, directfb, which I configured not to use anyway) compiled probably slightly faster, shortened the result by about 2K, but left Japanese fonts and international support (I can load a Cyrillic console font then see the menu in Russian).

To compile openssl I may need only the perl binary, not the huge package (more binaries, libraries, man, doc).

Steven, did you compile standard links2 for BL3 and
if not, what did you change?

IIRC I didn't change anything for the links2 package.
On the other hand, I stripped out a lot of unnecessary
stuff from the links-0.95 in BL3.

How? Sindi