baslinux - Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links2-1pre33-nossl for glibc225
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:30:18 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Compiled to use only svgalib (not x) in graphical mode,
> and has a bunch of dependencies (libvga, libpng12,
> libjpeg, libtiff, libbz2, libz, glibc 2.2.5).
> No support for X or gpm mouse.
> javascript was dropped
>
> BL3 links2 uses X but not svgalib and is slightly larger

So you are saying that your version of links2 doesn't
run in X, doesn't have mouse support, doesn't do
javascript, and requires sizable dependencies --
but is only *slightly* smaller than the BL3 links2
package (which runs in X, has mouse support, does
some javascript and has no extra dependencies).
The latest version of links2 must have a lot of
unnecessary stuff in it.

> Steven, did you compile standard links2 for BL3 and
> if not, what did you change?

IIRC I didn't change anything for the links2 package.
On the other hand, I stripped out a lot of unnecessary
stuff from the links-0.95 in BL3.