baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:56:10 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> > device "pcnet_cs"
> > class "network" module "misc/8390", "pcnet_cs"
> > card "Network Card"
> > function network_adapter
> > bind "pcnet_cs"
>
> It looks to me like the most common PCMCIA NIC card
> driver with its helper module is getting loaded with
> these lines.

Yes, that's the default PCMCIA network driver (pcnet).
It's the most common type of PCMCIA network card.

> what you really need is called (I think) wireless-tools.
> That will give you the most flexibility in connecting to
> available networks. What I do (not using BL, unfortunately)
> once the wireless NIC's module is successfully loaded,
> is issue
> -----------
> iwlist scan
> -----------
> from the CLI. If you've installed wireless-tools, the
> iwlist command will be on the system. The results of that
> command will provide you information on all wireless networks
> within range.
> After that, you decide which network you want to connect
> with and configure your card to use it. You do that by
> iwconfig wlan0 essid networkname channel #

I have just uploaded wireless utilities for BL3.
iwconfig 20456
iwgetid 5276
iwlist 14280
iwpriv 12360
iwspy 9672
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/wireless.tgz

Install with pkg. Please report back here if they
work for you.