baslinux - Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:10:37 -0400

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 03:55:56PM -0700, David wrote:

> This line appears to work on BL3.5:
> tty1::respawn:/bin/sh -sc startx
>
> /bin/sh is getting a PATH from somewhere. /etc/profile?

Appears to work perfectly fine in BL 3.4 as well. Looks like this finally
resolves the issues. Thanks for your input on
this David, and for your suggestion about how to start mgp along with the gui
(by putting it in .xinit). For now I'm
going to stick with just booting into the gui rather than immediately
starting mgp. Though now that I think about it
more, I may go ahead and have links start along with the gui, open in the dir
where I keep my mgp files (I tweaked
links so it opens files with the mgp extension using magicpoint). Looks like
progress.

James