baslinux - Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:50:18 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> So, how would I go about starting just the
> normal Xvesa on boot?

What do you mean by "normal"? With a wm?

> Could I just put
> -------------------------------------
> tty1::respawn:/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/startx
> -------------------------------------

That could work. However, when you start something
from inittab, there is no PATH set. You have
correctly used the full pathnames above, but startx
(and the executables that follow) also will not have
a PATH set.

> Also. Will the new BL3.5 links function as a drop-in
> replacement for the current links in BL3.4?

Yes.

> I assume the ftp server access problem has been
> addressed with the new links.

I don't know. Please indicate where there is a ftp
server access problem, and I will try out the new
links.