baslinux - Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:12:21 -0400

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 12:13:56PM +1200, Steven wrote:

> If you want the usual startx environment, I suggest
> you put startx at the bottom of /etc/rc. You'll
> need to remove the changes you made to /etc/inittab
> and return it to the default (although you can use
> respawn for tty1 instead of askfirst if you want to
> avoid the initial prompt).

Have you tested this? It's the very first thing I tried and it did not work.
Neither placing just startx at the end of
/etc/rc, nor placing it there using the full path, have worked for me. That's
why I started looking into editing
/etc/inittab as a way of starting X on bootup. Could you please try editing
/etc/rc on your setup in the way you've
indicated and see if it works for you?

Thanks,
James