baslinux - Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] boot BL3 straight into Xvesa: how?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:07:56 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> Using that as a model, would I just leave off the
> last two lines such that it looks like the following?
> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"
> Xvesa -terminate -screen 800x600x15 &

That will start Xvesa, but it will just be a blank
screen. You need to add a wm or some X executable.
----------------
sleep 1
DISPLAY=:0 icewm
Instead of icewm, you could put rxvt or something else.

> None of the ftp servers linked to from the BL mainpage
> that are listed as Slack 4 mirrors work with the BL3.4
> links. Please try those and let us know if you get a
> directory listing using the links from BL3.5

> (you might want to try the old links for comparison).

I deleted the old links two months ago on this computer.
I've been running the new one to make sure it functions
correctly. It's great.