baslinux - Re: [BL] Compare Imagick and netpbm

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compare Imagick and netpbm
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:37:43 +0100

Probably it would be worth to mention in the postscript on your
website that there is a Linux utility that is able to convert ttf
fonts to type 1 fonts. It took me some time to find the relevant
font archives on the web (for Latin2 encoding), but now I have
quite a number of converted ttf files in my Ghostscript directory
which make it possible to import text even in designer font
into graphic files. Netpbm does all the rest. This might be useful
for low-resorces Linux, too.

Wow... really. Also designer fonts sounds interesting what about...
would it be possible to put it out some were would that be legal with
copyright and so. Do the fonts take up a lot of space? Is it easy to
add the new fonts to the GS font dir? I could host them if it is legal
and if thy do not take op to much space and if you like the idea. It
would be super cool with all this fonts and a small image of how each
font looks. And a small tutorial on how to install them.

Thanks for shearing your Word, DOS, PS technique.

/Mikkel