baslinux - Re: [BL] Busybox binaries

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Busybox binaries
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:20:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================

Sindi wrote:
I have been mounting BL3.50 to loop,

I've been having problems with the new busybox mount.
When I try to mount a CD (after doing the insmods),
I get a weird permission error. Loop mounts also
don't seem right.

I think I'll be going back to the old busybox. The
new busybox stuff is just too flakey. Whether it's
the the 2.2 kernel or buggy code in busybox, it just
isn't reliable.

and BL2 and BL3 mount will not unmount the loop.

Trying mounting the loopfile using losetup:
----------------------------
losetup /dev/loop0 loopfile
mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
umount /mnt
losetup -d /dev/loop0
----------------------------

BL2 kernel 2.4.31 with LOOP device compiled in

I have busybox132 first on my path, with losetup. mount is from SW.

This busybox as compiled with uclibc that was compiled by Karolis
with 2.4.31 headers

<#>losetup /dev/loop0 fsimg350
<#> mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
<#>chroot /mnt /bin/sh --login
(I see the files in bl3.50)
<#>exit (back to BL2)
<#>umount /mnt
<#>losetup -d /dev/loop0
losetup: Segmentation fault

(I also got a segfault when I tried to mount a nonexistent file).

Does this work for you with busybox 1.2.2 losetup?

Busybox 1.1.0 losetup (compiled with the precompiled uclibc): /busybox110/losetup (I made links to busybox in that directory) has been written just losetup below for clarity:

<#>losetup /dev/loop0 fsimg350
<#>mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
<#>umount /mnt
<#>losetup -d /dev/loop0
losetup: /dev/loop0: No such device or address.

Busybox 1.0.1 losetup (compiled by Steven for BL3)

Invoked in BL2 as /bin/busybox/busybox-1.01-uclibc losetup

<#>losetup /dev/loop0 fsimg350
<#>mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
<#>umount /mnt
<#>losetup -d /dev/loop0
losetup: ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: No such device or address.

Am I missing some device?

Busybox 1.00-pre7 (from some BL3?)
Same behavior as busybox 1.01.

Which losetup works for you? Did I type something wrong?
Should I be trying this in BL3 not BL2?

I think you use losetup to boot the loop BL but instead of unmounting the loop file we just reboot.

I will keep a full BL3 e2fsck and use that just in case.

At this stage it appears that BL3.5 will have the same
e2fsck as 3.4.

Thanks. Sindi