baslinux - Re: [BL] Using X

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using X
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:55:01 +1300

=============

> > BL3.4 had links-0.90 (428kb).
> > BL3.5 will have links-0.95 (384kb).
>
> How did you shrink it?

I deleted the foreign language files and played
around with the configure options and CFLAGS.
I was very surprised to get an executable that
small.

> will you include SSL

No, I compiled several versions with SSL but they
were much larger than I liked.

> One download of 0.95 in the past week (Mar 7 - yours?)

No, I started working on a new links six weeks
ago. It's the first thing I did.

> I think I have two cards with 3com chips (3c589_cs.o)
> and one that uses smc91c92_cs.o, but none that use
> pcnet_cs.o

Interesting. Every PCMCIA network card I've got
uses pcnet_cs. But, of course, I only buy the
really cheap ones (i.e. 10Mbps).

> Have you tried eBay?

International postage is too high. I use a local
online auction. I'm currently bidding on a 3Com
PCMCIA network card at the moment. I've bid on
several in the past but I give up when they go
past $5.