baslinux - Re: [BL] Using X

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using X
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:19:48 +1300

> > I will be using a much nicer wm that is bigger than
> > swm, but smaller than swm + libXpm + menu + pixmaps.
>
> Which one?

jwm

> > BasicLinux 3.5 will have a better, smaller links.
>
> How will you make it better and smaller?

BL3.4 had links-0.90 (428kb).
BL3.5 will have links-0.95 (384kb).

> > And the new busybox will save us some space
>
> Which programs are you omitting from busybox?

None. I am adding less, mke2fs and e2fsck.
The stand-alone executables are being deleted
(which saves space).

> Can I test the module for you?

No, thank you. I prefer to test everything myself
before putting it into BasicLinux.

> I have not run across any pcnet cards.

PCnet is not a brand --it's a type (the equivalent
of NE2000). The majority of old PCMCIA network cards
are PCnet-type. The only significant minorities are
3Com and Xircom.