baslinux - Re: [BL] Using X

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using X
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:45:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I will be using a much nicer wm that is bigger than
swm, but smaller than swm + libXpm + menu + pixmaps.

Which one?

jwm

BasicLinux 3.5 will have a better, smaller links.

How will you make it better and smaller?

BL3.4 had links-0.90 (428kb).
BL3.5 will have links-0.95 (384kb).

How did you shrink it?

'SSL support since version 0.94' - will you include SSL or provide it as an add-on?

They are on version 0.98 stable 0.99 prerelease. Too large?
One download of 0.95 in the past week (Mar 7 - yours?)

Can I test the module for you?

No, thank you. I prefer to test everything myself
before putting it into BasicLinux.

I have not run across any pcnet cards.

PCnet is not a brand --it's a type (the equivalent
of NE2000). The majority of old PCMCIA network cards
are PCnet-type. The only significant minorities are
3Com and Xircom.

I think I have two cards with 3com chips (3c589_cs.o) and one that uses smc91c92_cs.o, but none that use pcnet_cs.o or xirc2ps_cs.o . In the 100K free people can add their choice of modules.

I have the 3com cards because the modem part failed (combo cards).

Have you tried eBay?