baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 3.50
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:04:09 +1300

=============

Sindi wrote:

> Why not 1.3.2?

I started with 1.3.2 and ran into problems.
Busybox no longer supports the 2.2 kernel.
Even in busybox 1.2.2 the fdisk applet didn't
work correctly with 2.2 kernels (I modified
the sourcecode to fix it).

> Is it less stable?

Perhaps. I believe the new busybox policy is
to release early and often.

> Which version of which links?

links-0.95

I compiled about a dozen different versions of
links and links2. Balancing features vs size,
I felt 0.95 was the best. I like it a lot.

> Did you compile rxvt specially for BL3, not to
> use libXpm

Yes.

> I have set up friends with icewm and Opera. Will
> this new wm work with Opera?

I expect it will.

> Could we simply replace ext2 /usr/X11R6 from a
> ramdisk version

ramdisk version? Which ramdisk version?

> or does /etc/XConfig also change?

No, Xconfig and Xsetup stay the same. But there are
changes in /usr/X11R6, /usr/share, and /root.