baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:57:42 +0000 (UTC)

[deleted helpful comments on setting permissions and suid]

lpr already works for 'user' but not 'root'

You could send the data directly to the printer (as wp and the netpbm
scripts do now). That would eliminate the need for a user account due
to lpr's permission problem. An lpr script could accept a postscript
file on stdin and use ghostscript to filter it, then send it to the
printer.

It would help to not need lpr and gs at all. I will investigate whether Abiword can output something that I can convert to pbm for use with a deskjet. Thanks for the netpbm idea.

David