baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:02:31 +0000 (UTC)

I will check permissions on eznet.conf, which contains login and password
info. Should that be read-write or executable for user?

Same as root has now, I'd guess.

[delete]

Lee

chmod +r eznet. conf

chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0 (com1 modem, external, no ISA slots here)
I tried +w or u+w first, did not work. Now it is rwx for everyone.

chmod +s a few other things - eznet, startx, pppd?

eznet up 0 worked to dial.

I did not test X as user yet.

ssh - PRNG is not seeded. What does this mean?

telnet works for 'user'. I am online as user in BL3. I had to telnet three times for it to work though.

It would be nice to have dialing and X work for 'user' in the next BL, or the permissions be changed by a script in the passwd.tgz package before that.

I will attempt to compile busybox 1.3.0 with uclibc. Maybe it will fix the mounting errors on two computers that work okay in DOS.