baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:47:43 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> it would not take up any more space or make it less
> useful as root. And it would make it much easier
> to set up BL with Opera and Abiword

No it wouldn't. Both AbiWord and Opera work fine as root.

> for people who would otherwise use Windows for internet
> and wordprocessing

I have no interest in competing with Windows. BL3 is
targeted at 486's and early Pentiums, especially laptops.

> I can try to make a script myself

You are very welcome to do that, but personally I have no
interest in it.

> I don't know how to change permissions properly

Anyone installing a user account should learn how to
manage permissions properly.

> All it takes to install passwd.tgz is to download it,
> pkg passwd.tgz, and adduser user Enter Enter.

I provided passwd.tgz because somebody (you?) requested it.

> It took me a couple of minutes the first time,

I am pleased it installs smoothly.

> I have been asking for help with the permissions for
> about a year now.

Are permissions not explained in "Running Linux" or
one of your other books?