baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: Hermang Mansilla <herman_blues AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:17:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello

Sometime ago (1999 )I downloaded a simple Linux
distribution called LoopLinux, in the download section
there is a good tutorial on using Linux, it is
extremely clear. It is a single separate text file,
you donot need to download the whole distribution to
read it.
It makes a comparison between dos commands versus
Linux commands.
You will get info on formatting floppies, partition
hard disks, convert text files to unix format, howto
ftp, mail, etc.
Go to
www.ibiblio.org
click on the link Linux distributions