baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:56:43 -0600

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:30:48PM +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

> That means I have to be online to read it, or find some way of
> downloading all the files (I never could get wget to do that for me).

That's life with Linux. Better get used to spending alot of time online doing
research.
Alternatively you could ask friends who are online more than you and who
enjoy helping you
to look up and e-mail you things to you. Might be a harsh reality but you'll
be better
served by adjusting your expectations up front accordingly than continuing on
under false
assumptions which will only be exposed for the falsehoods they are later on.

James