baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:37:59 +0000 (UTC)

*BasicLinux Support
*Add-ons for BL3
*How to activate SoundBlaster audio in BL3
*How to replace Xvesa with a standard Xserver
*How to upgrade BL3 library
*How to install Opera on BL3
*BL 3.40 image for QEMU users
*BasicLinux ChangeLog and kernel config
*md5sums for downloads
*Slackware mirrors
*Miscellaneous BL3 files and information

It is not obvious that this link points to other people's sites. I could not find David's site on first try either. Maybe 'packages contributed by users' would work?

*Linux HOWTOs

This one is very obvious and should be used by newbies, but could you also add links to a few sites for Newbies to read about basic linux commands, and ask basic questions, which I think you already have in the links start page? What would other users suggest here?

Thanks, Steven

*old BL1 site
*old BL2 site

Miscellaneous BL3 files and information.