baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:41:47 +0000 (UTC)

PDF is a big problem. They keep changing it all the time and
it doesn't lend itself to conversion to other formats.

Most of the pdf files sent to me are image files with garbage around them, and I simply pdfimages to extract the image. People scan with 'pdf machines' that convert everything to pdf. Better than to jpeg or WORD.
I posted a doc2png for BL2.

> We need printers that will do HTML. Directly.

We need people to stop posting pdf files on the internet. I just got asked to fill out a second questionnaire in a series after reading the
results of the first one. It was 400K pdf, probably with one or two pages of actual text in it. Maybe it was a color scan of a printout.

Maybe you could at least compile Xfree86 3.6 for libc5, or find it
somewhere else. That might let your video chip work with the svga X
server.

I don't see the point of trying to use two different baselibs. And
there are many apps that won't compile with libc5. Plus uclibc is
half the size of libc5.

uclibc often does not work, or works badly. David knows more.

Would you compile dynamic or static for uclibc? If you compile for libc5 you would not have to add the uclibc libraries to BL2.

Lee