baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 22:52:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:

For the first time, I attempted to view photographic
images of places and people with xli/Xvsesa, and was
pretty disappointed in the result. They were _interesting_,
even aesthetically appealing, but not accurate:

../images<#>xli -supported
Image types supported:
GIF Image
JPEG Image (JFIF format)
BMP Image (RLE encoded)
Photo CD Image
X Window Dump
G3 FAX Image
PC Paintbrush Image
MacPaint Image
X Pixmap
X Bitmap

No png!

I know, that is why I use zgv instead. Or links2 graphical as a viewer.
xli is small.

../images/xli monica13.jpg

monica13.jpg is a 400x533 JPEG image, color space YCbCr, 3
comps., Huffman coding Converting true color image to RGB image
with 16 colors...done Building XImage...done Image Gamma now
1.025496 xx

Can you set X to truecolor, maybe with lower resolution?
Is 4-bit color the default for XLI? Odd. Or specify 64K colors rather than 64?

../images<#>xli -colors 64 monica13.jpg

Lee