baslinux - Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:25:21 +0000

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 03:46:13AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
[delete]
[regarding swm:]
> > Yes. Stock configuration.
> Change it to solid black 'midnight'.

Good idea, but I've taken it a little further: I don't
do anything but full screen, whether it has one or two
xterms on it, so I don't need a desktop background at
all.

I commented out this line in my ~/.xinitrc:

swmbg /usr/share/swm/pixmaps/midnight.xpm &

Now, with three full-screen xterms up at boot, and using
reverse video, my memory footprint is about 11M. It runs
up from 6M when I first startx, for reasons I haven't
investigated yet.

total used free shared buffers
Mem: 126584 11376 115208 0 244
Swap: 128484 0 128484
Total: 255068 11376 243692

There isn't enough in the buffers to account for the
difference.

It increments each time I run an app like mutt.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru