baslinux - Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:06:39 +0000

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 03:46:13AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> >> I have to use scripts instead of aliases in an xterm. But I
> >> don't usually run any programs in xterms, I use a virtual
> >> terminal instead.
> >
> > I assume you mean a plain tty, like you'd switch between
> > using Ctrl-Alt-F*.
> >
> > What if you want to run more programs at the same time,
> > ones that can't be backgrounded?
>
> Make more terminals in inittab.

[delete]

I should add here that I'd rather spend my time learning to adapt
_good_ apps to BL, meaning how to trim the fat off them and make
them run under libc5/uClibc and altering them in other ways,
than trying to make mickey mouse apps work in their inadequate
fashion.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful