baslinux - Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:52:32 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> > Why not run top in an xterm and block-copy the output:
>
> Because the BL3 top doesn't have that option.

It has nothing to do with top. It is a feature of X.
A *very* useful feature. I use it many times every day.

> Unless you are referring to some other technique.
> If you are, then please share it with me.

Block (highlight) text in xterm (or other application)
by holding down the left mouse-button and moving the
mouse. Bring up a different xterm (or application)
and press the center mouse-button to copy the entire
block.