baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:45:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Greg Mayman wrote:

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:05:54 -0800, Lee Forrest wrote:

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 03:25:01PM +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
[delete]
As a resident in the South Pacific, I am well aware that
Aussies are less evolved than their more cultured cousins
in the Northern Hemisphere,

I just checked wikipedia. Turns out that sitting beside a
billabong under the shade of a koolibah tree does irreparable
genetic damage.

I thought the above was an attempt at humor from someone who found your behavior rude but was trying to keep his temper anyway. It can be hard to recognize a joke when it is in writing and you don't know the person.

Gee, there really are some rude bastards contributing to this list.

What a shame that it should degenerate into that kinda thing.

Several of us thought it was rude to come here and announce that BL was useless (which nobody else has done in three years), but several people tried to help you anyway. A couple of people expressed their annoyance. Do you want to start over, phrase things politely in future, and help make improvements to the documentation?

Instead of criticizing two train stations for not having local bus maps, I just tracked down and delivered the maps to them. They thanked me and promised to post them.