baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:37:58 +1030

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:59:09 -0800, Lee Forrest wrote:

> I have suspected from the beginning that this fellow was a troll.
> (Ask Sindi.) But it didn't occur to me that it might be a troll
> who was forging someone else's name.

Nope, the messages are genuine. No forgery.

It seems I got off on the wrong foot when I started posting to this
list. But after days of frustration with BasicLinux, I was NOT feeling
good about it.

But I was NOT prepared for the abuse I got from some of the list
members, which was far stronger than was justified.

Maybe I should have done as so many other people have done after trying
BL and running into the brickwalls I encountered, and just give up.

If you feel I was trolling, that's your opinion. There's nothing I can do
to change it.

All I can say is that I came here genuinely seeking help, and I have
received precious little (although what there was was good).

Thank you, and good night.