baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:31:02 +1030

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 04:11:17 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> I agree that he is an ingrate, but he still performed a useful service by
> pointing out where newbies have problems.

Why are you calling me an ingrate? I am very grateful for what
useful advice I have received here.

But I have also received so much abuse, most of it over the fact
that I _dared_ to express my frustration with a bit of software
that wouldn't work, and with the lack of any helpful
documentation.

Let me say just this: A chain is only as strong as its weakest
link. The weak link with BasicLinux, at least with the version I
downloaded, is its documentation which is frankly, m' dear,
APPALLING in its parcity!

> I don't know if he actually got our emails (or postings to the archive) -
> can you tell?

Yes, I am getting the emails, eventually.

But I have a life outside of emailing, and sometimes I don't connect
for days at a time.

That's the way I do things.

If you don't like it, then that's just too bad!

> Yes he was a jerk, but an informative one.

Maybe I was. I am sorry if I upset all of you.

But the abuse I have received for daring to criticise BasicLinux
has more than made up for it.

Why can't you people realize that someone who has never seen BL
before is going to find it hard, especially when there is no
documentation readily visible with the download?