baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:53:22 +0000 (UTC)

Haven`t you thought the same when you first used Arachne as you think
now of BL3 ?

But Arachne comes with installation wizards, 140 kb of help
files, another 129 kb of files in the DOC subdirectory, and
another 130k of examples.

That all makes it a LOT easier for the new user.

I found Arachne much more confusing and somewhat buggy. BL1 worked for me right away when I read the instructions to install it to hard drive.

This email sent from a 1Mby 20Mhz 80286.... who needs more ?

I have sent emails from an XT with no hard drive. Is that all you want to do with your computer?

LOL! Yeah, it puts it right up those people who insist that you need a
2 GHz processor, 40 GB of HDD and a Gb of RAM just to send and receieve
mail <GGGGGGGGG>

And those 286's will keep chugging on and on and on.......

I hear that later computers were more energy efficient.

Welcome back to the list.

. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia