baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:52:07 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> > As a resident in the South Pacific, I am well aware that
> > Aussies are less evolved than their more cultured cousins
> > in the Northern Hemisphere, but that's no excuse for him
> > acting like a jerk.
>
> I shall ignore your obviously intentional provocation,

Come on, Aussie, you know kiwis are always having a go
at their antipodean neighbours. My favourite is how all
the kiwis emigrating to Australia are increasing the average
IQs in both countries.

> The problem is that I read and answer mail OFFLINE!

So do I. So do others on this list.

> I know that is a totally unknown thing to most people,

Not here.

> but it is the way I work, mainly to minimize online time
> with my dialup service

I'm on dialup too. So are others here.

> This means that I may upload some messages on (say) Monday,
>
> Then on Thursday (say), I upload my replies

Why the delay? Most of us reply to messages the same day
we get them (it takes just a minute to upload the replies).
I consider it common curtesy to reply to messages promptly.

> Next thing, someone who doesn't understand my system complains
> that he he has already answered the stuff I uploaded on Monday,
> and in my messages I uploaded on Thursday I have "completely
> ignored" what he wrote to me on Tuesday.

You could easily avoid such crossed messages by clearing your
mail daily.