baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:48:50

On 28 Dec 06 at 11:38, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Greg Mayman wrote:
> The loop version does not overload easily. It provides
> 20mb of space (which is much more than the ramdisk version
> gives you). I am surprise that you expect to install
> package after package after package and never run out of
> room.
>
> > why the version in its own partition is so much better.
>
> I'm not sure that a partition is "so much better".
> For one thing, it depends on how big you make the
> partition (obviously a 15mb partition provides less
> space than the 20mb loop file).

I have lost BL3 several times running in a partition.
Never in a loop.
That's why I continue running it in a loop.

As my loop is only 10Mby, I can backup it from DOS with PKZIP to
only 3 diskettes.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

This email sent from a 1Mby 20Mhz 80286.... who needs more ?
Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina