baslinux - Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:40:02 +0000 (UTC)

I can create a DOS filesystem with mkdosfs, but it wouldn't be
bootable (says the manpage), and I don't know if that would
nip things in the bud.

But I'm not running DOS or win 95/98, or dosemu, and I'm
pretty sure _that_ would nip things in the bud.

Lee

Can you make a 30MB or so partition and install FREEDOS to it?

Can you run BL3.40 under dosemu? I got it working, I think only
the libc6 version.

I'm not interested in running a DOS emulator, Sin. It's a big and
complex program and I have no experience with emulators or DOS. I
wouldn't even get it operational and figure out how to use it before
you solved your problem.

Sorry,

Lee

Do you have an extra old drive anywhere that you could temporarily plug into the motherboard? (I don't think the case has room to put one in permanently).

S*I