baslinux - Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:59:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Ramdisk takes longer to boot

Surely it doesn't take longer to boot the ramdisk BL3
than it takes to copy, setup and boot the loop BL3.

But I run linux more than once on each computer.

and you can't add much to it.

Then make a larger ramdisk. Or make a one-floppy boot
(with PCMCIA capability for CF) for a CF root filesystem.

I have not tried wireless networking in RAMDISK linux with kernel 2.4.31 - do you suggest doing so, and making the RAMDISK large enough for Opera, on a laptop with 24MB total RAM?

I am trying to use two cards that only work with 2.4.31 kernels, in a computer without a free partition.

The laptop coming over tomorrow with 'no software on it' but USB and CD_ROM drive 'played a music CD when he just stuck it in'. If this means it is XP, how would I get BL3.40 working, use the qemu image? (I might just put on Opera for Windows and 60 DOS games instead).